Thompson Rare Books specializes in fine, rare and interesting books in many fields. Our specialties include literary first editions, fantasy, science fiction, occultism, mythology and folklore, detective fiction and mysteries, illustrated books, children's books, fine printing and bindings. ~ Established in 1983.
In addition to the books we list on our site we issue regular on-line catalogues which showcase new arrivals, collections and subjects. If you would like to receive email notification when we post a new catalogue, please use the Mailing List link at the left. You may also receive weekly notification of new arrivals in your topics of interest by subscribing to our Topic Notification feature.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2016:
Catalogue 45, OCCULT BOOKS, Our 30th Anniversary Catalogue, is now available here:
PDF: CATALOGUE 45: OCCULT BOOKS
WEB: CATALOGUE 45: OCCULT BOOKS
Catalogue 44, THE WORKS OF LORD DUNSANY, is now available here:
Catalogue 44: THE WORKS OF LORD DUNSANY
017. A DREAMER'S TALES. With Illustrations by S.H. Sime. Fine, with a Three-Page Autograph Letter Signed by Dunsany.
HIS DARK MATERIALS. Comprising NORTHERN LIGHTS, THE SUBTLE KNIFE and THE AMBER SPYGLASS. Three Volumes, each volume Signed by the Author.
THE SHADOW OVER INNSMOUTH. Illustrated by Frank A. Utpatel.
053. TALES OF WONDER. With Illustrations by S.H. Sime. Fine, with a Three-Page Autograph Letter Signed by Dunsany.
001. THE GODS OF PEGANA. With Illustrations in Photogravure by S.H. Sime.
011. TIME AND THE GODS. With Ten Illustrations in Photogravure by S.H. Sime. Deluxe Signed Edition.
THE HISTORY OF THE DECLINE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. With Notes by Dean Milman and M. Guizot. Edited, with Additional Notes, by William Smith, LL.D. In Eight Volumes. With Portrait and Maps.
THE DISCOVERIE OF WITCHCRAFT. Being a Reprint of the First Edition Published in 1584. Edited, with Explanatory Notes, Glossary, and Introduction, by Brinsley Nicholson, M.D.
THE HOBBIT, or, There and Back Again. Illustrated by the author. FIRST IMPRESSION OF THE THIRD EDITION, 1966.
071. NOWADAYS. One of 25 copies on Venetia mand-Made Paper.
CELTIC RESEARCHES. On the Origin, Traditions and Language of the Ancient Britons; With Some Introductory Sketches on Primitive Society.
013. THE SWORD OF WELLERAN And Other Stories. With Illustrations by S.H. Sime. Fine, with a Six-Page Autograph Letter Signed by Dunsany.
THE GOLDEN KEY. Written by George MacDonald, with illustrations by Charles van Sandwyk.
SPECIMEN PAGE. A Proof Page for "THE WATER OF THE WONDROUS ISLES", 1897.
THE SECRET WORLD OF OG. Illustrated by William Winter. SIGNED FIRST EDITION.