Thompson Rare Books specializes in fine, rare and interesting books in many fields. Our specialties include literary first editions, fantasy, science fiction, occultism, mythology and folklore, detective fiction and mysteries, illustrated books, children's books, fine printing and bindings. ~ Established in 1983.
In addition to the books we list on our site we issue regular on-line catalogues which showcase new arrivals, collections and subjects. If you would like to receive email notification when we post a new catalogue, please use the Mailing List link at the left. You may also receive weekly notification of new arrivals in your topics of interest by subscribing to our Topic Notification feature.
Catalogue 44, THE WORKS OF LORD DUNSANY, is now available here:
Catalogue 44: LORD DUNSANY
Spring 2016: A Short List of NEW ARRIVALS has been added:
Catalogue 42, FANTASY FICTION, is now available to view at
SPECIMEN PAGE. A Proof Page for "THE WATER OF THE WONDROUS ISLES", 1897.
001. THE GODS OF PEGANA. With Illustrations in Photogravure by S.H. Sime.
053. TALES OF WONDER. With Illustrations by S.H. Sime. Fine, with a Three-Page Autograph Letter Signed by Dunsany.
THE SECRET WORLD OF OG. Illustrated by William Winter. SIGNED FIRST EDITION.
017. A DREAMER'S TALES. With Illustrations by S.H. Sime. Fine, with a Three-Page Autograph Letter Signed by Dunsany.
THE GOLDEN KEY. Written by George MacDonald, with illustrations by Charles van Sandwyk.
071. NOWADAYS. One of 25 copies on Venetia mand-Made Paper.
013. THE SWORD OF WELLERAN And Other Stories. With Illustrations by S.H. Sime. Fine, with a Six-Page Autograph Letter Signed by Dunsany.
HIS DARK MATERIALS. Comprising NORTHERN LIGHTS, THE SUBTLE KNIFE and THE AMBER SPYGLASS. Three Volumes, each volume Signed by the Author.
AZOETIA. A Grimoire of the Sabbatic Craft; Being a full and accurate transcription, compiled and amended by the author from the original manuscript of 'The Book of Magical Quintessence.' Third Edition.
THE HISTORY OF THE DECLINE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. With Notes by Dean Milman and M. Guizot. Edited, with Additional Notes, by William Smith, LL.D. In Eight Volumes. With Portrait and Maps.
011. TIME AND THE GODS. With Ten Illustrations in Photogravure by S.H. Sime. Deluxe Signed Edition.